Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Catch Up

This blog is going to have a lot of pictures and not tons of writing. Brent and I haven't been very good at our blog lately. I think we only have 5 or 6 readers so I'm sure nobody is too disappointed. At least you can have some kind of an idea about what has been going on in our lives other than moving.  Here we go.  

Brent did some backcountry skiing with his buddy Mike.  Thanks for taking him Mike.  He'd be too bored going with me.  

 Madison is pretty cute, even with the haircut her cousin gave her.  We took her to POJO's in Boise. It is like a Boondocks/Arcade for those of you who don't know.  She was a little to young for the games, but really enjoyed the carousel, the snoopy flying machine, and choosing all the prizes from the tickets we won for her. 


 Kaley had another baby.  I  love him. Jack Danger Sparling.  This isn't his best picture but it's all I have and he still looks pretty darn cute.  
 Easter came and went, and I had the pleasure of working.  Still, we dyed some eggs and I introduced Brent to the shrinking plastic things that go around the eggs. 

 We did some skiing.  Mostly we just wanted to be biking.  I have truly converted Brent.  He even says he loves biking more than skiing.  Of course we still love skiing too.  This picture is pretty terrible but what other kind of face can you expect from a bluebird day when the sun is super bright on the snow and you get first tracks in Mineral?
 We had a Cinco de Mayo party with Molly/Tyler and Becca/Josh. We made tacos, Becca brought Salsa and a pinata, and Molly made tres leches. Mmmmm. It was so good. We finally found an occasion to use our Ragnar medals as something other than an alarm system on our front door.  The pinata was pretty awesome as you can see.


 Here are tons of pictures of our new house.  The flowers are awesome.  We keep waiting for a sunny warm day so we can get some good pictures of our flowers open and pretty, but it is cold/rainy/snowy in SLC.  So this is the best we have for now.  

 
 The house is all put together now. The pictures would have been better if I would have turned on the lights, but didn't think about it.





 Food storage.  So happy about this closet.
 The creepy cellar that I am a little afraid of and haven't even been down to yet. Becca has though. That is good enough for me.


 Tomatoes, onions, beans, green peppers, jalepeno, flowers that look better when it is sunny.

And finally, we had an anniversary.  1 year. Started out the day with a delicious breakfast.  Went to the Sugarhouse Criterium. Nothing too exciting.  We're saving that for our August trip again.  

Oh yes.  We also did a 1000 piece Seattle puzzle.  Lovely.  
Now you should know that I just got called into work at 4 pm. Lame. No time to improve this post or to add another post about Memorial Day, or to even review my spelling or grammer. Hopefully I made some laughable mistakes.  Enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. Must. Visit. Soon!

    The new house looks great; hopefully, work wasn't as lame as the 4 p.m. call-in was... xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! I was thinking about you guys this weekend. No, really: I was. One year, baby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for coming in!! I haven't taken care of a really sick patient forever. Couldn't have done it without you! Your house looks great and your garden didn't die. Yea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1. IIIII am disappointed when you don't post.

    2. Your cellar is creepy. Josh and I both almost fell through the stairs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You need to come to my house and decorate!! Your house is so stinkin' cute. Happy Anniversary!!

    ReplyDelete