The first five days we stayed with my dad and Pam at their place at Monte Cristo. There is nothing quite as great as a warm infinity pool and hot tub right out your backdoor that overlooks the ocean and the incredible sunsets. We had so much fun playing games each night too. Thanks for inviting us down dad and Pam.
The cutest babies ever. I especially love Madison's stumpy arm.
I feel like this photo pretty much sums up the trip. Relaxation.
The best snorkeling beach we found was at Chileno Bay. It was quite lovely.
After our blissful days at Monte Cristo we moved onto Puerto del Sol for the remainder of our trip. Turns out this was a great idea because it made it seem like we had two different trips. Poor dad and Pam had to go home to work and be cold. We stayed another four days there with just us kids. At this place we were around the Baja peninsula enough to get amazing sunrises, had another great pool that we only had to walk down the stairs to and only had to share once, and we had amazing whale watching from our balcony every morning.
Struggled a bit with the timed jumping photos. The best we got. If only Becca was around to animate some of the attempts though.
Gavin was obsessed with the water. He loved the surf and the pool so much that he would cry almost every time we made he leave the water.
Lee dug this awesome deep hole. Lindsey, you're a good big sister. If you were there, you know why.
One of our final adventures for the trip was some tide pool exploring which turned into lobster hunting. We found a group of 5 lobsters hiding out in a pool. The pool was covered with sea urchins but that didn't stop us. Most of the credit has to go to Jimmi because he was the one who actually donned his wet suit, gloves, and booties and got in the tide pool. However, he is quick to give his entire team credit for chasing down the lobsters that got away, navigating him through the sea urchins, video recording, taking pictures, and researching ways to get sea urchin spikes out of your skin. It was a pretty fun and funny process. The lobsters were huge and spiky and they hiss at you when they're mad and they flap their tails with great force. In the end we enjoyed two nights of fresh lobster fixed different ways and a lot of it.
I think this was the first trip I've ever taken in my life where all I did was relax and then relax some more. I love our epic adventures too and maybe more, but I could be easily talked into another relaxing beach trip without much effort.
I Seriously LOVE LOVE LOVE your belly! I can't wait to see the little darling! We are super excited for you guys.
ReplyDeleteGlad you mentioned Madison's stub... laughed so hard when I saw that picture! I agree with Juliann, ready to be your baby's aunt!
ReplyDelete