Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Snow hiking and belated Christmas

I think Brent is a bit tired of me not making any posts on our blog and is not posting to make his point. I get it.  Here you go.

As you can tell from my previous post, we don't have much snow here in Utah. We haven't been doing any snowshoeing, but we have been on a few snow hikes.  Our latest was this past Monday up Mueller Park in Bountiful.  It was a nice sunny day and we had a couple inches of snow overnight so the trail was beautiful.


 I was thinking I should share a little bit of Christmas too because we had so much fun and so that people in our family could enjoy some of the pictures if they didn't get them from us already.  We had a genius plan for Christmas this year (okay, it was initially my mom's).  We had Brent's parents come from Yakima and spend Christmas with our family. It was great. The Lovell family is crazy and loud but I think they had a great time.  Some of the things we did included a BSU basketball game, letter boxing (like geocaching), walking along the Boise River, volleyball and basketball at the church, games, lots of puzzles, the nativity, eating, eating more, and a Christmas Eve family relay.  I've had a great time doing other relays like Ragnar and Epic, but this was a step above as we all donned our Christmas headgear, drank hot chocolate instead of water, and ran blocks around Combes Park in 1/2 mile legs with varying combinations of runners. You can see we had a great time with our race and with all our other activities. Mostly, I really just loved being with my family and my niece and nephews. I'm so grateful for all of them. 


                                              
                           










1 comment:

  1. Lindsey never posts on ours so tell Brent to buck up and be a man.

    ReplyDelete