First, I told Ashlee I'd drive out to San Francisco with her when she moved. Turns out that was a great idea. Some highlights include Banbury Cross Donuts, the 2010 Penske rental truck, Eric giving Ashlee $15 for the Black Jack tables at the Red Garter, Ashlee losing $15 at the Black Jack table in record time, Ashlee getting pulled over in West Wendover for speeding "a couple miles back", the pack of actual wild dogs that we had to slow to 15 mph for in the middle of the freeway outside of Battle Mountain, the terrible weather and roads, the beautiful clear weather and roads, getting to the Sierras just after they opened the pass, being forced to purchased chains for the pass, going 30 mph through the entire pass, recognizing that the Sonoma Valley was gorgeous even in the dark, and then hanging out and eating with Amy in the city. It was a good time to say the least.
| Please note the shape of the glasses. Sorry Ashlee, I couldn't help myself. |
The next adventure, if you can call it that, was at Airborne in Draper. Turns out that jumping on trampolines for an hour can really make you tired and feel out of shape. Also, chances are that if you are over 27 you will out age everyone there by about 10 years. Still, it was a great time. Thanks for inviting us Melissa and Ryan.
| This is a self portrait mid-air. I think it turned out awesome considering. |
And our latest adventure was spring break. If there is one thing I love about the University of Utah it is spring break. We figured it was about time to visit Brent's parents in Yakima, Washington. We had a great time playing games, playing more games, going on a couple strolls, and eating lots and lots of really good food. Then we headed down to St. George to bike. The weather tried to destroy our plans but we wouldn't let it. I am so excited for Spring and more riding!
| I was the luckiest person alive. Rather than breaking on any of our three rides in the middle of nowhere, my chain broke pedaling home about 10 feet from the driveway of Stacy's house. So lucky. |
so that's why we haven't talked in forever. good thing you were there to put on those snow tires. i know if it were me i'd have had no idea.
ReplyDeletei go to china on thursday until april 10. can we be friends after? mountain bike? slackline? picnic? giant scone?
I LOVE THIS POST SO MUCH!! WHEN CAN YOU AND BRENT COME FOR A VISIT? YOU NEED TO SEE OUR PLACE, IT'S A DREAM!
ReplyDelete