On Sunday we set out for a snowshoeing stroll up Big Cottonwood Canyon to Donut Falls.
It was kind of a monumental day for us because we did something with other married people. We quite enjoyed it, just as suspected. Hopefully it is the start of a new trend.
Anyway, we were surprised how untouched the snow was. People must have been a little weary of venturing away from the trail. Not us however. The boys decided that they would carefully find their way up to the falls. Just a few steps into their journey, Billy fell through the snow into the river. I felt a little bad, but since I knew he was fine, I couldn't stop laughing.
Despite Jana's concerns, they pressed on. I reassured all the ladies that Brent was smart enough to know when the slope wasn't safe. They had to stop before they reached the top because they didn't really know where the hole of the donut was and they didn't really want to find out by falling through the snow and then the hole into the falls. They were slightly less careful on the way down. Brent's careless maneuvers caused an avalanche.
Just a little one, but big enough to make some decent noise and look pretty cool. Can't wait for next Sunday.
No comments:
Post a Comment